Friday, September 15, 2006

True Story


This post is mostly an opportunity for me to practice doing so, since I have never blogged before. Add it to the list of firsts that Kris has roped me into. After reading Kris' personal blog, I got the impression that he and I are on a reality tv show, but instead of a few thousand dollars on the line, we have the lives of several hungry countries hanging in the balance. Ok, maybe not that serious, but I think this will be a fun outlet for the two of us and the philanthropic aspect of it will give the both of us a good reason to commit to it.

Among the things that Kris and I also have on our plates (in no particular order, with no indication as to which of us owns the responsibility): full time jobs, school, a wife, training for a triathlon, a dog that is scared of Kris (which may make "band practice" difficult), traveling for work, trying to find a wife, contemplating a calling, living over an hour away from each other, and of course, memorizing Family Guy one-liners. Giggidy-goo.

All of that is in addition to learning new instruments, and music. The good news is this: we enjoy playing (music) together and it's for a good cause. I can't think of any better reason to be a Normie (or would the singular be Normy?). So I thank you for supporting us in our endeavor and hopefully we'll have some fun experiences to share here.

That's my Mama!

~ Make a joyful noise to the Lord

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was one darn good post. One thing you forgot to mention that is against us: between the two of us we only have 19 fingers capable to play the guitar. Who knows, maybe someone will create a parade theme around us called "Overcoming Adversity"?

You may have noticed I added a little comment in the middle of your post. :)

~Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger