Saturday, December 02, 2006

Wow - That Was Cold!

(FYI - the Blogger folks are fiddling around with their program and I am currently unable to italicize, bold, or insert a picture. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon)

I made it up to Greensboro shortly before 9 p.m. and got to meet everyone that was participating in the LYO Rally. I got the tour of the place and was very happy to be included in their weekend.

Most of the performance was done outside around the firepit. I think everyone thought it was bitterly cold outside, but in looking at the airport weather listings it only got down to 46 degrees during the time of my perforamce. However, there were sustained winds of 10 to 14 mph during this time, and that might have been the killer. My hands were the first body parts to go numb, which would usually be a problem while playing the guitar, but I was surprised at how well I pulled off most of the songs. I did have to stop during the middle of "If You're Gone", by Matchbox 20, because I couldn't get my fingers to move as fast as they needed to.

We moved inside for the last three songs. They wanted to hear Weird Al's "You Don't Love Me Anymore", so I did that one more time and then I finished, as usual, with "Grace" and "Mothers of the Disappeared", both by U2. Prior to these last two songs I spoke about what it is Nick and I are doing, why, the state of hunger in our world today, what the ELCA World Hunger Appeal is about, and how they can join the ONE Campaign. I must say that they were probably the most receptive crowd for this message that I've seen.

~ Make a Joyful Noise to the Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger